Welcome! Our web assistance tool enables us to remotely view, control and support your computer. You must be in contact with us by phone before you begin a Desktop Support session.
The Fine Print: By continuing, you acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your data and that the University of Miami assumes no responsibility regarding the confidentiality of your information made available through this connection. Please close any window on your computer containing confidential information before continuing.
- When instructed by a support person, click on the "Start Session" button above.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Enter your name when the box appears. This is not for sign-on. It just lets us know who is using the system.
- The GoToAssist chat window will open.
- You will be asked to allow us to see and control you computer. "You are about to show your screen..." You should approve this.
- We will then be able to see your screen, move your mouse and type on your computer.
- If at any time you want to break the connection, close the "GoToAssist" chat window.
- After the "GoToAssist" chat window closes, please fill out the form that will appear, so we can know if this service helped you.