There is no internal process for an employee to transfer from a regular position into temporary status. To go into temporary status, the employee will have to resign to the current position and apply to the UM Temporary Pool via the Careers page. Please see the links below for additional information regarding termination and the temporary pool.

Departure Process - Termination
Temporary Pool Services Website
Temporary Services Policy