Since 1992, the Dialogues in Research Ethics series has provided an opportunity for UM faculty, staff, students, visitors and members of the community to exchange ideas about ethical issues in a format designed to emphasize discussion and debate.
For a list of past Dialogues, see the Dialogue Archives
September 30, 2016
Balancing Health and Privacy in "Intelligent Environments"
Carlisle George, LL.M, PhD
October 28, 2016
The Academic CV: Should it Portray the Good, the Bad and the Ugly?
Thomas H. Champney, PhD
University of Miami
November 18, 2016
The Erosion of Research Integrity: The Need for a Culture Change
Lee M. Ellis, M.D.
University of Texas
Dialogues in Research Ethics began in partnership with the Miami Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Since then, it has also been sponsored by the following organizations:
- Miami Clinical & Translational Science Institute
- UM Office of the Vice Provost for Research
- Research Service of the Miami VAMC
- UM Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Mailman Center for Child Development
- South Florida VA Foundation for Research and Education