Undergraduate students wishing to officially withdraw from the University of Miami should note:
- To officially withdraw from the University of Miami, undergraduate students are required to
meet with an Advisor in the ’Cane Success Center. Walk-in appointments are available Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM or by appointment by calling (305) 284-4500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. The ’Cane Success Center is located on the 2nd Floor of the University Center, Suite 2275 (also known as "The Nest").
- Withdrawing Student Handbook
Withdrawal General Information” – FAQs
Withdrawing BEFORE the 1st Day of the Term
Withdrawing within the 1st Two Weeks of Classes
Withdrawing from Week 3 to Week 10 of the Semester
Withdrawing AFTER the Deadline to Withdraw Has Passed
Impact of Withdrawing On Financial Aid
- Withdrawing Student Checklist
- For more details about the withdrawal process and for helpful hints on making a smooth transition out of the University, visit the Undergraduate Withdrawing Student Checklist
page or view the PDF
- For students who are no longer on campus
– If you have already left the University but did not complete the withdrawal process before your departure, please call or email the ‘Cane Success Center at (305) 284-4500 or email@example.com
to begin the withdrawal process. Your withdrawal will not be finalized until an Exit Interview is completed.
- Withdrawal Date Appeal Form
– If you were unable to attend classes due to a serious accident or illness, and this prevented you from notifying the University of your withdrawal in a timely manner, a Withdrawal Date Appeal Form
can be submitted for consideration by an Appeals Committee. Appeals are submitted AFTER
completing the official withdrawal process above and must include supporting documentation as to what prevented a timely notification. All appeals must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the official withdrawal date established with the ‘Cane Success Center or if the appeal is being submitted for a semeseter that has already completed, it must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the last day of the end of the semester in question. Appeals should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to:
University of Miami
Office of the Registrar -
Withdrawal Date Appeal
P.O. Box 248026
Coral Gables, FL 33124-6914
The Withdrawal Appeal Form can be downloaded here.
- If you have a Merit-based Scholarship and want to return to UM
– If you withdraw from the University but choose to return within one calendar year, and you have continued to meet the requirements of your scholarship, then your merit scholarship will be waiting for you here. Contact the ‘Cane Success Center to begin the process of readmission. *Frost School of Music students will need to re-audition after one semester away from the University.
- Military Withdrawal
– If you need to withdraw from the University as a result of being called to active duty in the United States military, please review the military withdrawal policy by downloading the Military Withdrawal Information PDF