Holiday treats don’t have to be high in calories and sugar to be full of flavor. This holiday season try this fun and healthy alternative to the traditional gingerbread house. Click here for recipe.
Get Started Now with the 2015 Well ‘Canes Incentive Program
The Well ‘Canes Incentives Program is designed to encourage you to learn about your personal health, motivate you to maintain or improve your overall well-being, and earn up to $300. You can begin earning points by registering today and participating in the wellness activities listed below. Points earned after the 2014 deadlines will be awarded during 2015, so you can get started right away!
Register now for the Edna C. Shalala 5k Walk/Run today and earn 150 points!
• NEW for 2015! Pure Wellness Online Health Assessment (350 points, Note: completion of assessment required to earn incentive payments)
• Aetna Beginning Right Maternity Program (500 points)
• Aetna Disease Management Program (1,250 points)
• Aetna Healthy Lifestyle Coaching Program (500 points)
• Annual Colonoscopy (250 points)
• Annual Mammogram (250 points)
• Annual Physical Exam (250 points)
• NEW for 2015! Edna C. Shalala 5K Run/Walk (150 points)
• NEW for 2015! Flu Shot (40 points)
• NEW for 2015! Faculty and Staff Assistance Program Educational Seminar Attendance (150 points/seminar, consent form required)
• Food Log (5 points/day, maximum 500 points)
• NEW for 2015! Personal Retirement Educational Sessions (150 points)
• Pure Wellness Exercise Log (15 points/day, maximum 500 points)
• Pure Wellness Online Challenges (100 points each)
• NEW for 2015! Pure Wellness Steps Log (5 points per/day, maximum 500 points)
• NEW for 2015! Pure Wellness Weight Tracker (5 points/month, maximum 60 points)
• Team UM Corporate Run/Walk (250 points)
• NEW for 2015! Team UM Dolphins Cycling Challenge (500 points)
• NEW for 2015! UHealth Skin Cancer Screening (150 points)
• Walking ’Canes (500 points)
When you earn 750 points, you will receive $150 in your UM payroll check. If you earn an additional 750 points (1,500 total) you will receive an additional $150 in your UM payroll check. PLEASE NOTE: Well ‘Canes Incentives Program points will be credited for eligible activities that take place on/after the UM/Aetna effective date of coverage.
**Please note that all qualified wellness activities are listed, but you are eligible to participate in cancer screenings based on your age/gender, and Aetna Disease Management/Beginning Right Programs based on your personal medical status.
Register for the Well ‘Canes Incentives Program HERE.
All faculty and staff enrolled in a UM/Aetna medical plan as primary policy holders are eligible to participate in the incentives program. Deadlines to complete wellness activities vary. Please refer to the program guide below for more information.
More than 80 percent of disease in the U.S. is preventable. Whether you are seeking to become more active, lose weight, quit smoking, reduce stress or just stay fit, the resources offered to you through Well ‘Canes will help you make positive lifelong changes.
|Be Smoke Free||Wellness Classes||Cardiovascular Wellness|
|Healthy Lifestyle Coaching||Aetna Inteli-Health||Weight Watchers at Work|
|Free Preventive Care||Plan For Your Health||Herbert Wellness Center|
|Stress Management Consultations||Health-E Living Newsletter||Miller School Wellness Center|
|Disease Management||Childbirth Classes|
For the fourth consecutive year, the University of Miami has received Gold Level recognition in the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Companies program. UM is being recognized for its commitment to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for its employees.