Since the close of the year is fast approaching, we would like to remind you about upcoming deadlines to earn points for this year’s program. However, there is no need to worry if you do not complete these activities before their deadlines. Activities that take place after the deadline will be awarded for next year’s incentive program and you’ll be off to a great start in 2015!
The Well ‘Canes Incentives Program is designed to encourage you to learn about your personal health, motivate you to maintain or improve your overall well-being, and earn up to $300. You can begin earning points by registering today and participating in the wellness activities listed below.
• Aetna Beginning Right Maternity Program (500 points)
• Aetna Disease Management Program (1,250 points)
• Aetna Healthy Lifestyle Coaching Program (500 points)
• Annual Colonoscopy (250 points)
• Annual Mammogram (250 points)
• Annual Physical Exam (250 points)
• NEW for 2015! Flu Shot (40 points)
• NEW for 2015! Faculty and Staff Assistance Program Educational Seminar Attendance (150 points/seminar, consent form required)
• Food Log (5 points/day, maximum 500 points)
• NEW for 2015! Personal Retirement Educational Sessions (150 points)
• Pure Wellness Exercise Log (15 points/day, maximum 500 points)
• Pure Wellness Online Challenges (100 points each)
• NEW for 2015! Pure Wellness Online Health Assessment (350 points, completion of assessment required to earn incentive payments)
• NEW for 2015! Pure Wellness Steps Log (5 points per/day, maximum 500 points)
• NEW for 2015! Pure Wellness Weight Tracker (5 points/month, maximum 60 points)
• Team UM Corporate Run/Walk (250 points)
• NEW for 2015! Team UM Dolphins Cycling Challenge (500 points)
• NEW for 2015! UHealth Skin Cancer Screening (150 points)
• Walking ’Canes (500 points)
When you earn 750 points, you will receive $150 in your UM payroll check. If you earn an additional 750 points (1,500 total) you will receive an additional $150 in your UM payroll check. PLEASE NOTE: Well ‘Canes Incentives Program points will be credited for eligible activities that take place on/after the UM/Aetna effective date of coverage.
**Please note that all qualified wellness activities are listed, but you are eligible to participate in cancer screenings based on your age/gender, and Aetna Disease Management/Beginning Right Programs based on your personal medical status.
Register for the Well ‘Canes Incentives Program HERE.
All faculty and staff enrolled in a UM/Aetna medical plan as primary policy holders are eligible to participate in the incentives program. Deadlines to complete wellness activities vary. Please refer to the program guide below for more information.
Olveen Carrasquillo, M.D., M.P.H., discussed the seasonal flu during an interactive “Meet the Docs” session at the Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Carrasquillo’s touched on the topics of prevention techniques and tips, treatment options, and more. If you were unable to attend the live session, click here to view the live recording.
If you were unable to attend the live session, click here to view the live recording of “Get a Good Night’s Sleep” presented by Dr. Ashwin Mehta.
Our wellness philosophy embraces a multi-dimensional strategy that not only enhances your physical health, but also helps to strengthen your relationships in and out of the workplace, community involvement, and financial wellness. At UM, we are committed to promoting employee health, healthy lifestyles and active participation in wellness programs offered through Well ’Canes. And thanks to our dedicated partnership with UHealth, you have easy access to specialized care from any of our 1,200 UHealth physicians in more than 100 medical specialties and subspecialties including sports medicine, ophthalmology, cardiology and neurology.
Advance your psychological wellness with tips on stress management
Advance your physical wellness with tips on getting active at work.
Financial Wellness: Take Control of Your Financial Future
Interpersonal Wellness: Working with Diverse Teams
Occupational Wellness: Personal Satisfaction Through Your Career
More than 80 percent of disease in the U.S. is preventable. Whether you are seeking to become more active, lose weight, quit smoking, reduce stress or just stay fit, the resources offered to you through the UM Wellness Programs will start you on your long-term plan for health and help you make lifelong changes.
|Be Smoke Free||Wellness Classes||Cardiovascular Wellness|
|Healthy Lifestyle Coaching||Aetna Inteli-Health||Weight Watchers at Work|
|Free Preventive Care||Plan For Your Health||Herbert Wellness Center|
|Stress Management Consultations||Health-E Living Newsletter||Miller School Wellness Center|
|Disease Management||Childbirth Classes|
For the fourth consecutive year the University of Miami has received Gold Level recognition in the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Companies program. UM is being recognized for its commitment to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for its employees.