The University of Miami defines Domestic Partner as the Partner of an eligible faculty or staff member who is of the same sex, sharing a long-term committed relationship with the following criteria:
• They are each other’s sole Domestic Partner with the intention to remain so indefinitely.
• They are in an affectionate relationship of mutual support, caring and commitment.
• They share joint responsibility for the household. If law permitted marriage they would marry.
• They are of the same sex. Neither one of them is legally married to someone else. They are not related by blood.
• They each are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
• They have resided together for at least 12 months and intend to reside together indefinitely.
• They have shared financial responsibilities.
• They are mentally competent to consent to a contract.
For more information, please contact HR-Benefits Customer Service at 305-284-3004.