UNIVERSITY DINING SERVICES
The University of Miami Dining Services program offers students a variety of food options conveniently located throughout the campus. Among these are the:
Hurricane Food Court - featuring varied concepts including several well-known national brands
- Courtside Eatery at the Wellness Center - featuring a variety of healthy food options
- Jenkins Snack Bar – the perfect spot to grab a quick bite at the School of Business
- The Oasis – specializing in kosher deli products
- C-Store – a full service convenience store
- Starbucks at Richter Library – your favorite specialty coffee
- Carts – for your convenience around campus [Communication, Memorial, and Merrick]
- Village Marketplace – providing UV residents your convenience store needs
- Subway – enjoy a delicious sub at the Law School
- Sebastian’s Café – offers specialty sandwiches and salads at UM’s Newman Alumni Center
- GOT Spot featuring Rose’s Café – our newest addition located at the University’s Gables One Tower
The University of Miami Dining Services program offers a variety of services that meet the individual student’s schedule of classes and extracurricular activities. Five different meal plan options are offered at the Hecht/Stanford and Mahoney/Pearson Dining locations:
- 20-meal plan provides 20 meals per week
- 14-meal plan provides 14 meals per week
- 8-Kosher Plus meal plan provides 8 meals per week
- 8-meal plan provides 8 meals per week
- 5-meal plan provides 5 meals per week
- 100 Block meal plan provides 100 meals to be consumed throughout the fall and spring semesters
- 75 Block meal plan provides 75 meals to be consumed throughout the fall and spring semesters
- 50 Block meal plan provides 50 meals to be consumed throughout the fall and spring semesters
- Enrollment in any of the residential colleges (excluding University Village) requires participation in the 8, 8-Kosher Plus, 14, or 20 meal plans.
- Freshmen must choose from the 20, 14, or 8-Kosher Plus Meal Plans only.
- The 5-meal plan and block meal plans are open to Commuter and University Village students only.
- Graduate and undergraduate students who are 25 or older as of September 1 of the meal plan contract year are excluded from this requirement.
- Commuter and other students not enrolled in the residential colleges may participate in any meal plan.
- All meal plans are available seven days a week. Students have the opportunity to eat meals five times a day up to their weekly meal total.
Back to top
- Dining Dollars provided with the meal plan may be used in approved food service locations for food purchases only. Usage is limited to $20 per day.
- Dining Dollars may not be used in vending machines.
- Unused Dining Dollars at the end of the Fall Semester will carry into the Spring Semester.
- Unused Dining Dollars at the end of the Spring Semester are forfeited.
- Dining Dollars may be used at the Hurricane Food Court, Carts, The Oasis, Convenience Store, Village Marketplace, Rathskeller, Subway, Jenkins Snack Bar, Starbucks, BankUnited Center, Sebastian’s Cafe and Courtside Eatery at the Wellness Center.
Back to top
Dining Services Contract
- The Dining Services contract begins with the first meal of Fall Semester and extends through the last meal of Spring Semester.
- The student indicates choice of meal program on the Dining Contract or via myUM.
- The student’s signature on the Dining Contract or election via myUM signifies acceptance of that board plan for the period indicated.
- Students who do not enroll in any of the meal plans will be force enrolled onto the 14 meal plan. All terms and conditions will be binding upon the student.
- Meals are not served when the University is not in session, during official University vacation periods, or between semesters.
- The entire semester amount must be paid in full at the same time students pay other registration costs (tuition and fees) during or before the first week of classes.
- All students may make changes to their meal plan within the first week of the semester by notifying the Department of Dining Services or via myUM.
- Changes made to meal plans for the Spring Semester will be assessed a $40 processing fee.
- Charges will be prorated up to the end of the week.
- Meal plan weeks run Monday through Sunday.
- Releases will be subject to a $300 cancellation fee plus full charges through the week of cancellation, and may also result in a Dining Dollars surcharge fee.
- Approval is obtained solely through the Department of Dining Services.
- The University reserves the right to terminate the contract by written notice if a student fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions of the contract and all other University and Dining Services rules and regulations.
For more information on Dining Services write to University of Miami, Dining Services, P.O. Box 248106, Coral Gables, FL 33124-6909, call Dining Services at 305-284-3584, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.miami.edu/dining-services.
Back to top