The University allows students to receive college credit toward graduation from the following programs: Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, Dual Enrollment, and College Level Examination Program. To have Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or College Level Examination Program credits evaluated, the student must submit an official test result report to the Office of Admission. The University of Miami does not give credit for CLEP Foreign Language and General Examinations.  Students taking Dual Enrollment courses (college courses taken while still in high school) must submit an official college transcript for review of potential transfer credit.  Please refer to the transfer student section for requirements to transfer college coursework.

A student must submit AP, IB, Dual Enrollment transcripts or CLEP results no later than the end of the first semester of enrollment for review.  Documents submitted after this time period will not be reviewed and credit will not be awarded.

The University will accept not more than 60 credits from these programs to count toward the 120 credits required for graduation.