For BankUnited Center information, please visit www.bankunitedcenter.com.
Designated Resident Student Only parking lots are enforced 24/7/365, and are not open to visitors.
Parking in a UM designated disabled parking space requires the display of a valid University of Miami parking permit as well as a state issued disabled parking placard. A disabled parking placard allows three (3) hour maximum free parking at University of Miami parking meters.
For University of Miami visitors parking is free from 4pm to 8am (except purple 6pm to 8am and blue that is restricted 24/7) Monday - Friday, or a paid meter (see details below) is necessary. The three options available for short-term parking on the Coral Gables Campus are detailed here:
1. There are three (3) temporary day pass vending machines located on the Coral Gables campus: at the Stanford Drive Information Gatehouse, just inside the entrance to the Ponce de Leon Garage, and near the elevator at the Pavia Garage. The passes from these machines are only valid in Yellow, Grey, or Green lots. The Pavia Garage also has a dedicated visitor parking area (See attendant for assistance). Passes are available via cash at each location, and credit card (Visa & MasterCard) for hourly or one to five days, in twenty-four hour periods (rather than calendar days), at a cost of $7. per 24 hours. The machines are available twenty four hours per day and operate just as standard vending machines except that the selection must be made before inserting any money. Per University of Miami policy: hourly, day, and week passes are non-refundable. Please remember to place the pass face up on your dashboard while parked on campus. Temporary passes are valid in all standard Commuter lots, as well as all Discount lots, on the Coral Gables campus. Temporary passes are not valid in Resident Only lots, at parking meters, or in Reserved Spaces, Service Spaces, gated lots, or any other specially marked spaces. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm at 305-284-3096 option 2.
2. Parking meters, enforced Monday through Saturday, 8:00a.m.-12:00a.m, except as noted specifically below, with a maximum time of three (3) hours are available for University visitors at the following locations:
• Stanford Drive near the Lowe Art Museum, Whitten University Center, and the School of Business. These parking meters are under the jurisdiction of the City of Coral Gables.
• The LUKE multi-space meter system at the Wellness Center - remember your parking space number, and pay by coins, bills (max $10. bill), or Visa or Mastercard at the pay station in the Wellness Center lobby. To pay by cellphone, call 1-866-871-1838 or visit www.verrus.com to create your account. Meters in these Resident student parking lots (#‘s 413 & 446) are enforced 24 hours/7 days a week.
• Lowe Art Museum. Parking meters are enforced Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. until 6:00p.m.
• Mahoney/Pearson Lot in front of Pearson Residential College - meters are enforced 24 hours per day, every day.
• Adjacent to the Behavioral Medicine Building
• Dickinson Drive (east) across from Eaton Residential College. These parking meters are under the jurisdiction of the City of Coral Gables.
• Railey/Rhode House Lot, next to Building 37 - meters are enforced 24 hours per day, every day.
• Orovitz North Parking Lot, located on Levante Avenue. Token meters available for all job applicants. You may obtain a token for these meters from the receptionist in the lobby of the Orovitz Building.
• Along San Amaro Drive (also known as Hurricane Drive). These parking meters are under the jurisdiction of the City of Coral Gables.
• Along Pavia Street. These parking meters are under the jurisdiction of the City of Coral Gables.
• In the Gusman Hall/Ring Theatre Lot located at Miller Drive and San Amaro Drive.
• The LUKE multi-space meter system at the Richter Library lot on Memorial Drive - remember your parking space number, and pay by coins, bills (max $10. bill), or Visa or Mastercard at the pay station in the Wellness Center lobby. To pay by cellphone, call 1-866-871-1838 or visit www.verrus.com to create your account. This is very close to the Richter Library, the Ashe Building, Cox Science Building, the Ungar Building, and the Law School.
• Memorial Classroom/Cosford Cinema Lot. This is a short distance from Allen Hall, the School of Nursing & Health Studies, the School of Communication, Memorial Classroom Building, the Learning Center/Cable Studio, and the Art/Photography Buildings.
Do not park at an inoperative meter. A citation may be issued to a vehicle parked at an inoperative meter.