Greetings from Graduate Studies in the Frost School of Music!
We realize that choosing a graduate program can be a daunting task, so we offer this website as a helpful resource. We also welcome your questions and inquiries at any time. Ultimately, we want you to feel confident in your decision to apply for graduate studies in the Frost School.
Graduate students in the Frost School enjoy a rigorous curriculum that encourages collaboration with classmates and includes the opportunity to work closely with senior faculty from day one. Some of the outstanding features of the Frost School include:
• Faculty members with international reputations for excellence in musical performance, conducting, composition, and research
• World-class ensembles, such as the Frost Symphony Orchestra, Frost
Concert Jazz Band, and Frost Wind Ensemble
• Festival Miami, Florida’s Premier Live Music Festival
• The Henry Mancini Institute, a graduate training institute for aspiring
• The Cleveland Orchestra Residency at the Frost School of Music
• The Stamps Charitable Foundation Distinguished Visitors Series
• Master Classes with renowned musical artists
• Learning in a vibrant and culturally-diverse environment
• Access to top research libraries
Within each graduate degree program, faculty strive to tailor requirements to students’ unique talents by recognizing and expanding upon their abilities, while also fostering growth in new areas of musical expertise.
For example, students in performance can contribute to community outreach, while music business majors perform in ensembles. Music education students can explore the fascinating musical heritage of Miami or learn Afro-Cuban hand-drumming. Music engineering students can collaborate with music therapy majors to investigate ways that music might improve movement or speech for individuals with disabilities.
In the Frost School, you can expect to develop relationships and acquire experience that will help you shape your professional identity and carve out your unique path. Through our various required capstone projects, you will achieve goals that reflect your expertise in the world of music.
Ideal candidates for the Frost School include individuals who:
• Have a passion for music and a strong musical background
• Consistently demonstrate intellectual curiosity
• Embrace the opportunity to work with and learn from others
• Are willing to be immersed in a vibrant musical community that both respects tradition and encourages risk-taking
If you’re looking for a place where you will feel inspired and be transformed, the Frost School of Music is the right place for you.
If you are a prospective student, or checking on the status of a current application, please contact the Graduate Admissions office. If you are a newly admitted or currently enrolled graduate student, the staff of the Graduate Studies office looks forward to assisting you.