Title/Position: Professor, WoodwindsProfile:
What would you say are the outstanding highlights of your professional life?
1. My participation in the World Symphony Orchestra where I represented the United States of America
2. Playing principal bassoon with the Cassals Music Festival Orchestra
3. Being one of the first bassoonists to give master classes in China at the Beijing and Shanghai Conservatory
4. Being principal bassoonist of the Miami Philharmonic when it opened the Gusman Concert Hall as well as being principal bassoonist of the orchestra that opened the Carnival Center for the Performing Arts in Miami
5. Playing under the baton of Leonard Bernstein with the Philharmonic of Mexico in the concert given for President Jimmy Carter and President Lopez Portillo
What is the relevance of music in modern society?
The relevance of music in modern society revolves around blending science, technology and the art of music.
Finish the statement, “Music is…” Music is to spend one’s life beautifully.
“Magnanini, articulated rapid passagework neatly and took every advantage…to make the instrument sing out sweetly, lyrically.”
—Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel
“La precisione e la versatilita di questo strumentista e assolutamente sorprendente.”
—Il Messagiero, Rome, Italy
Luciano Magnanini began his musical studies in Italy at the Conservatory Nicolo Paganini in Genoa and continued his musical training in the city of Milan.
Mr. Magnanini’s recordings include:
* Twentieth-Century Music for Bassoon and Piano. Altarus Records, Inc.
* Poulenc, Saint-Saens, Elliot. Altarus Records, Inc.
* Gordon Jacob. Concerto for Bassoon. Albany Records.
* A Tour d’Anches. French Music for Winds. Altarus Records, Inc.
He has also recorded for:
* Harmonia Mundi
Mr. Magnanini has been principal bassoonist with the:
* Orchestra Comunale della Opera in Genoa
* Mexico City Philharmonic
* Miami Philharmonic
* World Symphony Orchestra
* Festival Casals Orchestra
* Eastern Music Festival Orchestra in North Carolina
Moreover, he has played under the baton of renowned conductors such as:
* Leonard Bernstein
* Zubin Meta
* Carlo Maria Giuliani
* Alain Lombard
* Eduardo Mata
* James Conlon
Mr. Magnanini has an active performing career playing solo concerts and chamber music in the United States, South America, China, and Europe. He is Professor of Bassoon at the University of Miami.