- Frost School of Music at the University of Miami announces a gift for 115 new marching band instruments and a full set of newly designed uniforms that will be debuted by Frost Band of the Hour at the UM Hurricanes opening game on September 5.
- Trudy Kane, associate professor of flute in the Department of Instrumental Performance at Frost, was awarded the Phillip Frost Award for Excellence in Teaching and Scholarship.
- Julio Frenk, a physician, former dean at Harvard University, and the former minister of health for Mexico, steps into his new role today as the sixth president of the University of Miami.
- UM Intramural Fields, Henry Fillmore Hall, and the Herbert Wellness Center come alive on August 11, 2015 with the arrival of 120 Frost Band of the Hour marching band students kicking off eleven days of pre-season music rehearsals known as Band Camp.
- Pianist Tal Cohen, M.M. '15, wins 2015 Freedman Jazz Fellowship, awarded July 20, 2015 in Sydney, Australia.
Complete Frost Calendar »
'Canes Calendar »