All applicants to the Frost School of Music must apply as Regular Decision and audition based on the timeline below:
Application Priority Deadlines:
October 15 for December auditions
December 1 for January/February auditions
*Includes pre-screening for all jazz, contemporary, flute and violin applicants
Step 1 - Apply
• Apply to UM online through commonapp.org
• Apply to the FSOM online through the arts supplement (SlideRoom) of the CommonApp. The supplemental form is available to you on the Art Supplement tab of your common app. Respond ‘yes’ to the question about being a Frost applicant in order to view the Art Supplement tab.
• Upload your *pre-screening (if required) on SlideRoom at the time of application
Step 2 – Audition
Confirmation emails & invitations to audition will be sent in advance. Please do not make travel arrangements until you receive your confirmation
• Audition on-campus in December/January/February
• Regional/Recorded/Skype auditions may be an option depending on instrument/genre and availability. Please check the website for more details
Step 3 – Submit Supplemental Materials
Portfolio Deadline: February 1
• Composition, Commercial Music & Production and Music Engineering Technology applicants
• Upload online through SlideRoom (portfolio link will be sent via email after your application has been processed. Please do not upload files until you receive the link.)
*Applicants wishing to audition for jazz or contemporary instrument/voice, flute or violin must pass a pre-screening (online) and be invited to audition. Click here for Pre-screening/music audition requirements.
*Please plan to have all your materials, including prescreening media, ready to submit online before you click the ‘submit’ button.
Admissions decisions and scholarship awards are made in mid-March. Commitment Deadline: May 1
• Commitment date as set by the National Association for College Admission Counseling
• Admitted students verify their intention to enroll by paying their enrollment deposit online
Financial Aid: Need-based awards & Merit-based Scholarships
• Need-based & merit-based awards are made in mid-March
• Submit the FAFSA & CSS Profile by February 1st
Questions about the Frost School of Music admission process? Please contact us at 305-284-6168
For general information about the University of Miami, contact the Office of Admission.