Priority deadline – December 1st
• Apply Regular Decision only
• Audition required for all applicants
• A prescreening is required for all contemporary, jazz, flute and violin applicants
• Admission is for the fall term only
• Transfer applicants must have a 3.0GPA or higher for consideration
• Admission and aid decisions are released in mid-March
Step 1 - Apply
• Apply to UM online through the CommonApp
• Apply to the FSOM online through the arts supplement (SlideRoom)
• Upload your *pre-screening (if required) and recorded auditions on SlideRoom at the time of application
Step 2 – Audition
Confirmation emails & invitations to audition will be sent in advance. Do not make travel arrangements until you receive your confirmation.
• Audition on-campus in January/February
• Regional/Recorded/Skype auditions may be an option depending on instrument/genre and availability. Please check the Audition Information page for more details
Step 3 – Portfolio
This is not the same thing as a prescreening required of jazz, contemporary, flute or violin applications. Please check the Audition Information page for portfolio requirements.
• Portfolio Deadline: February 1st Composition, Commercial Music & Production and Music Engineering Technology applicants
• A portfolio link will be sent after auditions are scheduled
*Applicants wishing to audition for jazz or contemporary instrument/voice, flute or violin must pass a pre-screening (online) and be invited to audition. Click here for Pre-screening/music audition requirements.
*Please plan to have all your materials, including prescreening media/recorded auditions, ready to submit online before you click the ‘submit’ button.
Admissions decisions and scholarship awards are made in mid-March. Commitment Deadline: May 1
• Commitment date as set by the National Association for College Admission Counseling
• Admitted students verify their intention to enroll by paying their enrollment deposit online
Financial Aid: Need-based awards & Merit-based Scholarships
• Need-based & merit-based awards are made in mid-March
• Submit the FAFSA & CSS Profile by February 1st
• Financial Aid
Questions about the Frost School of Music admission process? Please contact us at 305-284-6168
For general information about the University of Miami, contact the Office of Admission.