*** All Choral Conducting and Orchestral Conducting degree programs will be closed for Fall 2017 admission.
The Fall 2017 application will be available in late September
• Priority deadline – December 1st - Late submissions are at a disadvantage for admission/awards.
• Apply online through CollegNET
• A prescreening is required in some studios/programs – check the Audition/Portfolio Requirements page for specific information
• Admission is for the fall term only
• Graduate applicants must have a 3.0GPA or higher for consideration
• Required supplemental materials vary by degree/program and applicant type – *check Program Requirements for specific information
Supplemental Materials – Required of all applicants
• Transcripts – an official transcript of every post-secondary school attended must be provided
• Three letters of recommendation
• Personal Statement
*Required for specific degrees/programs
• Writing Sample
• GRE scores
• TOEFL/IELTS score
• Teaching sample
*Please click here to see requirements for each degree program.
***Note: If you are applying to Music Business, Arts Presenting & Live Entertainment Management, JD/MM, or JD/MA programs, the following deadlines apply:
December 1 - International applicants
March 15 - JD/MM, JD/MA applicants, and Music Business and Arts Presenting applicants who wish to be considered for a Teaching Assistant position
June 1 - all others
Students are recommended for admission to the Frost School of Music by the faculty and admission committees. Final acceptance to the Graduate program is made after all materials requested by the Frost School of Music have been received and evaluated. Scholarships and/or Assistantships are awarded based on faculty recommendation.
All Doctoral/PhD applicants and some Masters applicants are required to submit the GRE to be considered for admission. The Frost School of Music requires both the Qualitative and Quantitative sections of the GRE as well as the Writing section. Please visit our Application/Program Requirements page for information on minimum scores.
International applicants who have not received an undergraduate degree from an accredited English-speaking institution must submit the TOEFL or IELTS exam to be considered for admission. Additional information can be found under Application/Program Requirements.