Travel Management has established discounted rates with car rental companies, for individuals traveling on University of Miami business.
These rates are also available for employees on personal travel.
For discounts extended to patients of University of Miami Hospitals and clinics and/or UHealth International Health Center, patients must verify discount availability with vendor directly.
Travel Management recommends “shopping/comparing” car rental rates, which will provide the best results due to the extremely dynamic marketplace which can be affected by location, day, demand and time of year of the rental.
It is highly recommended to use the University contracted car rental rates acquired by Travel Management as a “benchmark” when comparing with other advertised rates. These rates are very competitive and are inclusive of CDW/SL insurance; however car rental insurance is not required when renting a car for University business.
Any employee involved in an accident while using a rental vehicle for University business must immediately report the accident to the rental agency as well as the University of Miami Risk Management department at 305-284-3163. The accident must be reported regardless of who is at fault.
Select the best rate for your trip.
TRAVEL SAFETY TIPS:
- Examine the car prior to departure, noting all imperfections.
- Check the trunk and backseat.
- Never leave your luggage in a rented vehicle.
- Whenever possible, leave your car in a secured parking area. Be especially alert in underground parking areas.
- Always walk, drive, and park your car in well-lit areas.
- Walk to your car with keys in your hand.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable in any situation, leave immediately.
The University is not responsible for car rental liability for personal use; it is therefore the responsibility of the renter to obtain car rental insurance when renting a vehicle for personal use.