The mission of Records Management and Retention, now under the administration of Document Services and Solutions, is to provide the University of Miami community with a sound “Records Management and Retention Process”, designed to help the University remain legally compliant with respect to the management of records while reducing cost.
Records Management closely monitors and is an active participant in the implementation process with the University’s vendor or choice, Iron Mountain. As the liaison between the University and the vendor, Records Management is able to provide guidance and training to the University community on the new approach to records management. This also allows for the development of effective pricing verification processes to ensure that University departments are receiving the best cost saving opportunities.
- Centralize the storage of all University records.
- Assist University departments with the initial clean-up and relocation of their records.
- To develop a University-Wide Records Retention Schedule.
- To communicate and train the University community on the new approach to records management.
- Maximize cost saving opportunities with the current contract.
- Make the necessary process improvements towards developing a coherent approach to records management.
- Make necessary changes to the Records Retention Program to remain legally complaint and ensure the ability to accommodate the future growth of our school.