Occupational Health Program for individuals who have contact with research animals:
All employees LISTED on a Research protocol and/or have contact with research animals at work must
- 1. COMPLETE training in Occupational Health and Safety When Working with Laboratory Animals.
- 2. COMPLETE the Acknowledgement Form
whether you accept or decline participation in the Occupational Health Program:
FAX a copy of the Acknowledgement Form to ACUC - (305) 243-2853
Send originals to:
Employee Health Office, R-23, Dominion Tower, Suite 405, Medical Campus.
Make copies for your own records.
If you ACCEPT participation:
- • Complete training in Occupational Health and Safety When Working with Laboratory Animals. Register for training at www.miami.edu/acucreg
- • Complete these additional forms:
for Occupational Health Program
Baseline Medical Surveillance Questionnaire
If you DECLINE participation:
- • Send ALL the completed forms to: Employee Health Office, R-23, Dominion Tower, Suite 405, Medical Campus.
- • Once EHS receives these forms, the Employee Health Manager will conduct a risk assessment and determine the appropriate medical procedures based on the animal species and infectious agents to which the individual may potentially be exposed.
- • The required procedures will be communicated back to the employee. If the employee is required to have a procedure (physical exam, immunizations or lab work) that requires payment, then an Interdepartmental Requisition Form (IDR) will sent to the employee.
- • The IDR requires the account number and authorized signature and is to be returned to the Employee Health Office (part of Environmental Health and Safety, EHS ). Some procedures, such as TB screenings, are free to the department.
- • AFTER EHS RECEIVES the IDR, the employee will be notified of the procedures and location of their health care provider.
• Complete training in Occupational Health and Safety When Working with Laboratory Animals.
Register for training at www.miami.edu/acucreg
For questions regarding the Occupational Health Program contact Employee Health Office at (305) 243-3267.