Documentation needed for account set up and budgeting begins at the proposal stage. This training will help you understand the process from proposal to award set up and will guide you through the causes for delays in setting up the award and how to avoid these problem areas. You will learn how the use of the Guarantee Form can facilitate the award set up before you have the final award notice. You will also gain understanding of the process for budget set up and revisions, the forms needed and the federal compliance requirements for budget revisions.
As a result participants will:
1. Understand the Process from Proposal to Award Set Up
2. Understand what causes a delay in award set up and how to avoid those problem areas
3. Know when and how to use the Guarantee Form to expedite the process
4. Understand the Process for Budget Set Up and Budget Revisions
5. Understand the Federal Compliance Requirements for Budget Revisions
6. Locate and use the correct forms and approvals needed to process budget changes.
Friday, May 23rd from 9 a.m. – noon at the School of Engineering, McArthur Annex 2nd Floor Auditorium (Room 202)
Tuesday, May 27th from 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Clinical Research Building, Room 1179
Wednesday, May 28th from 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Clinical Research Building, Room 1179
Thursday, May 29th from 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Clinical Research Building, Room 1179
Registration is via ULearn. Once you login to ULearn, type “Account” in the search box located at the top right-hand portion of the screen. For further information, please contact StrategicInitiatives@med.miami.edu.