The department has implemented aggressive practices and technologies to optimize the campus’s water use and further promote the University’s water conservation efforts. Our initiatives in this area include:
• The replacement of all resident halls and apartments shower heads to low flow models.
• The installation of timer setting controls on the campus irrigation systems.
• An ongoing aggressive leak detection program to prevent excessive water consumption.
• An ongoing replacement program of urinals and toilets to low flow models.
• An ongoing conversion of campus irrigation systems to well water in lieu of domestic water usage.