EARTH DAY - HUG THE LAKE 2017
Come celebrate Mother Earth on the Lakeside Patio April 21st from 10 am to 3 pm!
On Friday, April 21st at 12PM, University of Miami Random Acts of Kindness will be presenting our 11th annual Hug the Lake event at Lake Osceola.
Join us for 15 minutes to celebrate Earth Day by participating in our green booths and hugging the lake! Free donuts will be available for green booth participants and free eco-friendly shirts will be provided to everyone who participates in the hug! If you’re interested in volunteering please fill out the google form below. Don’t forget to RSVP on Facebook and/or OrgSync and invite your friends!
Volunteer Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdjQj91eiNXfdJUR9PX5he_NCla7Waz2VXptxu-Nl_Rsxg5dw/viewform?c=0&w=1
Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/204909860002518/
OrgSync Event Link: https://orgsync.com/55333/events/1900319/occurrences/4424507
We Hope to See You There! Abbie Auster - RAK President
- 10 am: Green Fair - ECO art exhibit
- 12 pm: HUG THE LAKE
- 1 pm to 3 pm: Net Zero Energy Concert with Frost School of Music
During the day, you will have a chance to:
- Pass by the ECO- Green U table to get your punching card, visit our booths and start learning while having fun.
- Learn from our partners how they promote Sustainability in our region: Check the list of vendors from the Green Fair below.
- Win sustainable prizes like reusable water bottles, recycled fiber bags or Sustainable food vouchers.
- Listen to a Frost School of Music sponsored Concert. The electricity used for the concert will be offset by Renewable Energy Credits, making the concert NET ZERO ENERGY.
- Admire the Eco-minded work of art from UM School of Art’s professors.
HUG THE LAKE
presented by Random Act of Kindness and the Butler Center for Service and Leadership:
At 12 pm, you are all invited to Join us for 15 minutes at Lake Osceola to celebrate Earth Day by participating in our Green Booths & hugging the lake.
GREEN FAIR List of themes and vendors:
Waste Diversion(Waste Management, Dade Recycling, Shred-It); Water (Coca Cola, Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Dpt); Green Purchasing (VWR, Staples); Green Building (USGBC); Renewable Energy (Alternate Energy Company); Alternative Transportation (Zipcar, SemaConnect EV charging station; UM Parking &Transportation)
Local Non Profit and Government: Coral Gables Office of Sustainability, Dream in Green, Citizen Climate Lobby, Treemendous, UF Extension - MDC Florida Yards & Neighborhoods .
Sustainable Food: UM Dining Services, Herbert Wellness Center, Solar Smoothies with UM Student Health, and Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry!
UM Student organizations: USGBC Student Chapter; CommUnity Garden Club; Environmental Law Society; Green Committee; Plant Based Canes; Food recovery Network