The General Accounting area of the Controller’s Office has as its primary responsibilities the daily operations of the University’s accounting system (Financial Record System “FRS”), including:
- Control the flow of transactions to the general ledger system (FRS) from subsystems and online journals including correction of system errors and various account control analyses.
- Creation and system maintenance of all University non-sponsored accounts, department numbers (see FORMS on the right side bar)
- Coordination of the month/year end FRS closings (see quick links to the right) and FRS reports distribution.
- Security Access Control - FRS, Departmental Management Accounting System (DMAS) and Report Distribution System (RDS) (see FORMS on the right side bar)
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serving as liaison between the Gift system and FRS, reconciling the two systems.
- Placing of Stop Payments and issuing of replacement checks (see FORMS on the left side bar)
- Tax Reporting: Annual Federal 1099 reporting, State of Florida reporting including Sales tax, Communications Services tax, Parking Surcharge and Abandoned Property (see TAX ISSUES AND GUIDANCE on the left side bar).
- Medical School Bank Reconciliations for primary accounts
OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST:
Do you have a confidential concern about an impropriety or irregularity at the University of Miami? Visit ‘Cane Watch to share it.