The General Accounting area of the Controller’s Office has as its primary responsibilities the daily operations of the University’s accounting system (Financial Records System “FRS”), including:
- Control the flow of transactions to the general ledger system (FRS) from subsystems and online journals including correction of system errors and various account control analyses
- Creation and system maintenance (including changes to account Responsible Person) of all University non-sponsored accounts, department numbers (see FORMS on the right side bar)
- Coordination of the month/year end FRS closings and FRS reports distribution
- Security Access Control - FRS, Departmental Management Accounting System (DMAS) (see FORMS on the right side bar)
- Security Access Control - Report Distribution System (RDS) (see RDS web page)
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serving as liaison between the Gift system and FRS, reconciling the two systems.
- Placing of Stop Payments and issuing of replacement checks (see FORMS and FAQ’s on the right side bar)
- Tax Reporting: Annual Federal 1099 reporting (see Frequently Asked Questions on the right side bar), State of Florida reporting including Sales tax (see Resources and Technical Guidance), Medical Parking Surcharge and Abandoned or Unclaimed Property.
Phone: (305) 284-6148
Fax: (305) 284-4850
How are we doing? We welcome your comments, suggestions, and feedback. Click here to send us a message.
OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST:
Do you have a confidential concern about an impropriety or irregularity at the University of Miami? Visit ‘Cane Watch to share it.