The General Accounting area of the Controller’s Office has as its primary responsibilities the daily operations of the University’s accounting system (Financial Records System “FRS”), including:
- Control the flow of transactions to the general ledger system (FRS) from subsystems and online journals including correction of system errors and various account control analyses.
- Creation and system maintenance of all University non-sponsored accounts, department numbers (see FORMS on the right side bar)
- Coordination of the month/year end FRS closings and FRS reports distribution.
- Security Access Control - FRS, Departmental Management Accounting System (DMAS) (see FORMS on the right side bar)
- Security Access Control - Report Distribution System (RDS) (see RDS web page)
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serving as liaison between the Gift system and FRS, reconciling the two systems.
- Placing of Stop Payments and issuing of replacement checks (see FORMS on the right side bar)
Phone: (305) 284-6148
Fax: (305) 284-4850
How are we doing? We welcome your comments, suggestions, and feedback. Click here to send us a message.
OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST:
Do you have a confidential concern about an impropriety or irregularity at the University of Miami? Visit ‘Cane Watch to share it.