The way in which we access MSDSOn Line has changed and the program is no longer available through our website (EHS) as before.
The new procedure to obtain an MSDS is as follows:
- 1. Go to the MyUM website
- 2. Login In with your Cane Id and Password
- 3. Select the "Employee" tab that appears on the top
- 4. Click on Payroll, HR & Misc
- 5. Select MSDS from the menu that appears on the upper right hand corner, under “Online Resources”
According to OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard, MSDS must be readily available and accessible to employees who are potentially exposed to hazardous chemicals. It is therefore incumbent for all University of Miami employees to be able to know how to get this information and direct others to do likewise.