As a UM employee you can have access to an SDS just about anywhere you happen to be.
All you need is access to the internet, it's that simple:
- 1. Go to the MyUM website
- 2. Login In with your Cane Id and Password
- 3. Click on the "Employee" tab that appears on the top
- 4. Select MSDS under "Online Resources"
- 5. Now all you have to do is enter the name of the chemical in the search window.
According to OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard, MSDS must be readily available and accessible to employees who are potentially exposed to hazardous chemicals. It is therefore incumbent for all University of Miami employees to be able to know how to get this information and direct others to do likewise.