1. Who should get the Seasonal Flu Vaccine?
All persons age 6 months and older
, unless medically contraindicated.
2. Will the SEASONAL flu vaccine protect me against swine (H1N1) flu?
Yes. The flu vaccine provides protection against influenza A/H1N1 and influenza A/H3N3 and B viruses.
3. Is the flu shot free?
4. Is the flu vaccine only for employees with UM insurance?
5. Is the flu vaccine only for employees with UM insurance?
No. It is for every employee.
6. I am a student. Where can I get a flu shot?
Student Health Center at Coral Gables campus and the Employee Health Office on the medical campus (Dominion Tower, Suite 405, Mon-Fri 9 am-5pm)
7. I would like to receive the flu shot, where can I get it?
You can visit one of the Employee Health Offices or the Benefits Fair. The locations and vaccination hours of the Employee Health offices are as follows:
• Dominion Towers, Suite 405, 305-243-8743, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• University of Miami Hospital, Suite 502, West Building, 305-689-5891, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Hope Lodge, 305-243-4201, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
8. I work at the hospital, where do I go to get my flu shot?
Bascom Palmer and UMHC/Sylvester employees, call 305-243-4201; UMH employees, call 305-689-5891.
9. I work at a clinic off campus. Can I arrange to pick up flu vaccines to administer to our staff?
10. I work at Bascom Palmer and last year the nursing department and employee health came around with the flu shots in a cart and gave it to everyone willing to have it, and I did. Will that happen again this year?
Please call 305-243-4201 for more information.
11. How do I shorten the time I wait to receive the shot?
Complete the FLU Vaccine Consent Form
and take it with you to get the shot. Wear clothing that make it accessible to your upper arm (short sleeve or sleeveless).
12. When will I know the dates the Employee Health office will visit our department?
The schedule for building visits will be posted at www.miami.edu/ehs