Here are just a few suggetions of fun activities while you are in LA.
- Rent Boat in MDR
- Santa Monica Mountains
- Hike Angeles Crest
- Disney ESPN Zone
- Rent segways
- Go on a studio tour
- See a play
- Tour the
Jet Propulsion Lab
- Bike ride/roller blade down Venice the beach
South Bicycle Tour
- House of Blues Gospel Brunch
- Laguna Beach, Walk around shop, eat, drink.
- Rodeo Drive...Can't really shop here, but fun to look at.
Happy Hour McCormicks & Schmick's Fish House serves $1.95 hamburgers.
- Price is Right, The Tonight Show or many other TV game shows, tickets are usually free
- Farmers market (the one at 4rd and Fairfax) Great food live music and the Grove Mall next door
Outdoor Farmers Market
This is a great place to people and check out the local harvest.
- Rose bowl flea market
Great outdoor music venue, mostly classical music is played. You can bring a picnic and wine. There are many
buses to get there so you don't have to deal with parking.
Recommendation: Just buy the cheap seats for 5 bucks.
- Rent boat sees seals
- Jewelry mart Discount Jewelry Downtown
- China Town (Downtown)
- Drive the Mountains of Angeles crest to end
- Helicopter tour
- Marina Del Rey: Shuttle a boat around the marina.
- Free concert in the Burton Chase Park
- Summer: Tuesday Night Movie on Santa Monica Pier
- Outdoor screenings at Forever Hollywood Cemetery
About 2 times a month the Hollywood Forever Cemetery has screenings of classic films and sometimes just older
obscure films. It's $10 to get in and you can bring your own food and drinks (including alcohol). It is hled
outdoors and projected on the side of a building just East of the tombstones.
Air tour by blimp. Locations: Long Beach Airport, Camarillo Airport and San Bernardino Airports 888-862-3767
Recommendation: Drive the coast to Malibu and have clam chowder at the biker stop on PCH
- Biplane Rides
Fly in a beautifully restored 1943 Stearman open-cockpit biplane from Long Beach Airport
- Pasadena is a great old city to walk around and have lunch after either of the below:
- Santa Barbara
Recommendation: Take the 101 to the 154 at Santa Barbara and follow to the cute little town of Los Olivos. They have
tasting rooms and cute lunch places. Then after wine tasting drive up to the 101 and follow it back to Santa Barbara
for a stroll on the beach and a nice seafood dinner and drive home.
- Pizzicotto Yummy Italian
11758 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049-5010
Phone: (310) 442-7188
$$$$ ($21 to $30)
- If you like Hi Tea there are some great tearooms in Bev. Hills and at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena or Marina Del
ray. The Peninsula Hotel is the best.
- On 3rd street (near Who's on Third, across from Doughboys) there is a good cheap Manicure Pedicure place and a
wonderful bookstore dedicated to cook books next door.
Los Angeles Flower District
766 Wall Street
Mon, Wed & Fri 8am to 12 noon
El Capitan Theatre:
Disney's flagship theatre where a lot of premieres are held. There is a live stage show before each movie.
6838 Hollywood Bld.
The Staples Center: Catch a Lakers, Clippers, or Kings