SUMMER SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Required questions are marked with an (*).
* Your first program preference
Engineering - Track A (CAE and MAE)
Engineering - Track B (BME and EEN)
Health and Medicine - Infectious Diseases: An Investigation and Challenges
Health and Medicine - Introduction to Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Health and Medicine - Introduction to Neuroscience
* Have you participated in the Summer Scholars Program before?
Students may participate in the program more than once, provided a different program is chosen from the previous year.
If 'Yes' what year did you participate and in which program?
Application Status: Program fee payment deadline is May 10, 2013
* I am applying to be a:
Student Information (REQUIRED)
* First name:
* Last Name:
* Mailing Address:
* Zip / Postal Code:
* Home Phone:
* Date of Birth:
T-Shirt size: (S-XXL)
A SSP T-Shirt is given at orientation
* My parent(s) is(are) employed by the University of Miami:
* Is your native language English?
* My permanent address is the same as the one listed above:
If NO, please complete the following:
Mailing address 2:
City 2 :
Zip/Postal code 2:
Parent or Guardian Information (REQUIRED)
* Father/Guardian Name:
UM C number (UM employees only):
* Evening phone:
* Mother/Guardian Name:
Work phone 2 :
* Evening phone 2 :
Cell phone 2:
* E-mail 2:
Student Citizenship Information (REQUIRED)
* Student Citizenship Information - please check the appropriate box:
United States Citizen
Permanent U.S. Resident
If you are a Permanent U.S. Resident -
Alien registration number:
If you are a foreign visitor - Country of Birth:
If you are a foreign visitor - Country of Citizenship:
* Do you presently have a U.S. Visa?
If YES, what type:
When does it expire:
If NO, will you need an I-20?
School Information (REQUIRED)
* High School Name:
(Enter "Home Schooled" if applicable.)
High School Mailing Address:
* Zip/Postal code:
* Grade completed as of June 2013:
Please submit your responses for the following essay prompts in the text box below.
1. Why are you interested in participating in the Summer Scholars Program, and how will participation help you achieve your future goals? (minimum 300 words)
2. If cell phones and computers were outlawed, what do you believe would happen to society? (minimum 300 words)
Did you hear about us?
* How did you hear about the Summer Scholars Program?
Please check all that apply.
Program Directory Listing
NOTE: The $75 non-refundable application fee is additional to the final cost. For more information on fees and policies, go to the Program Fees page.
*The information on the application payment should be that of the student, not the parent or guardian.
You will be redirected to a secured site to complete your payment information.
* Preferred Method of Payment
You will be redirected to the payment page after submitting the application.
Check (payable to University of Miami)
* Have you ever been disciplined by a student or faculty judicial board for misconduct, or convicted of a crime other than a traffic offense?
If yes, please explain:
I hereby certify that I have personally filled out this application and the information is complete and accurate. I understand that all credentials submitted in support of this application become the property of the University of Miami and are not returnable.
After submitting, a follow up e-mail will be sent to the e-mail addresses indicated on this form with directions on how to submit payment and the remainder of the application materials.