New Knowledge

Journeys of Discovery

The University of Miami had ten students from all degree levels and five different schools recommended to the 2011-12 Fulbright Program by a national…

More New Knowledge »

Course Request Form: Choose your course to enroll and complete a course request form**

Click above to complete a course request* to enroll in an undergraduate credit course:

  • Select courses using the academic bulletin or online course catalog.
  • Click above and complete a course request form. Make sure to include:
    • Name
    • ID - Social Security or C Number
    • Semester
    • Name of course, number of course, and section number
  • Put a contact number and your e-mail
  • Sign it
  • Email your completed forms to or print it and bring it to Allen Hall 111 for processing.
  • For math courses - students must contact the math department to either take the math placement test (more info online or at 305-284-2575) or include provide proof of math prerequisites to the math department - YOU CANNOT be enrolled in math courses without contacting and receiving official approval from the math department

**Late fees apply for any course request forms that are submitted the first day of classes.

Once you are registered for a semester all changes to your schedule (adds and drops) must be done by completing a Drop/Add form. Not attending or not paying does not drop you from a course. You need to academically drop the course using a Drop/Add form or you may unknowingly acquire an "F" on your academic record.

Make full payment or arrangements to pay by the first day of class. For questions on refunds, fees and payment plans, please contact the office of student account services at or 305-284-6430.

Dropping a course: Drop / Add Form

Click above to drop courses you are currently enrolled in.

  • Refer to the academic calendar for last day to drop/add courses and late fees that apply
  • Use a separate form for each semester; do not put more than one semester on a single drop/add form
  • Refund amount depends on the day you drop the course. For questions on refunds, fees and payment plans, please contact the Office of Student Account Services at or (305) 284-6430
  • Send the completed Drop/Add form* to or bring to Allen Hall for processing
  • Your request for a complete withdrawal (dropping all courses) will be forwarded to the the Office of the Registrar.

Dropping a course: Log into CaneLink

Click above to log onto myUM.

Confirm your drop has been processed – otherwise you could acquire an "F" on your transcript and not be refunded the correct amount of tuition charges