Candidates for the bachelor's degree must complete 120 credit hours for graduation (see curriculum requirements).
- Of the total requirement, 45 hours must be at the junior and senior levels (300 or higher).
- A 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average is required for graduation.
- A 2.5 or higher grade point average is required in both the area of concentration and in the interdisciplinary courses (averages computed separately).
- No less than a "C" in both the area of concentration and interdisciplinary course sequence is permitted.
- The last 45 credit hours must be earned in residence at the University of Miami.
Applying to Graduate
A student must apply on myUM during the semester in which they expect to graduate. Deadline dates are specified in the Academic Calendar
For detailed and up-to-date Commencement information, please visit the commencement web site
Graduation with Honors
The minimum GPA's required to obtain the honors:
- Summa cum laude 3.900-4.000
- Magna cum laude 3.750-3.899
- Cum laude 3.600-3.749