Candidates for the bachelor's degree must complete 120 credit hours for graduation (see curriculum requirements).
- Of the total requirement, 45 hours must be at the junior and senior levels (300 or higher).
- A 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average is required for graduation.
- A 2.5 or higher grade point average is required in both the area of concentration and in the interdisciplinary courses (averages computed separately).
- No less than a "C" in both the area of concentration and interdisciplinary course sequence is permitted.
- The last 45 credit hours must be earned in residence at the University of Miami.
- Submission and approval of the Area of Concentration rationale
- New: In order to graduate from the BGS program, candidates are required to submit a Capstone Portfolio:
- Artifact, which is a graded paper from one of the interdisciplinary classes, and
- 1-page narrative on one of the interdisciplinary courses
- Graduating Exit Interview & Survey
Applying to Graduate
A student must apply on CaneLink during the semester in which they expect to graduate. Deadline dates are specified in the Academic Calendar
For detailed and up-to-date Commencement information, please visit the commencement web site
Graduation with Honors
Please refer to the office of Graduation Honors for details.