Administered through University of Miami Division of Continuing and International Education, the purpose of the Osher Reentry Scholarship program is to provide scholarship grants to assist non-traditional, reentry students with tuition expenses. Reentry students are defined as individuals who have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years and who now want to resume their undergraduate university studies to complete their first baccalaureate degree.
The scholarship program is intended to benefit students who have considerable years of employability ahead of them; ideally those ages 25 to 50 with a preference given to newly matriculating students. The Osher Endowment proceeds will enable the program administrators to assist a select group of qualified students who demonstrate the financial need, academic promise and a commitment to completing their degree. Students will receive awards for the 2013-2014 academic years, with each student receiving scholarship funds to be applied to tuition costs (scholarship award may vary).
We are honored that the Bernard Osher Foundation has chosen to continue its partnership with The University of Miami's Division of Continuing and International Education. This endowment will create life-changing opportunities for the students and reinforce our ability to provide quality education to those who otherwise would have difficulty completing their degree.
The Osher Endowment Scholarship applications will be accepted January - June for the 2013-14 academic years. The selection will be a competitive process, with the eligibility requirements listed below.
1. Admitted to the Bachelor of General Studies Degree Program
2. Students between 25-50 years old, who have interrupted college for several years, due to unforeseen circumstances
3. Students with a strong sense of commitment to their studies
4. Minimum 2.2 GPA (3.0 GPA to renew)
5. Consistent progress toward degree*
6. Enrolled for six credits for fall and spring semesters
Submission Requirements for New Applicants:
Submission of Financial Aid Application (FAFSA): The deadline for FAFSA is May 15, 2013
The Osher Endowment Scholarship applications will be accepted January - June for the 2013-14 academic years. The selection will be a competitive process, with the eligibility requirements listed below:
Remaining application documents are due no later than July 12, 2013
1. Annual award is $2500.00 ($1250 per semester)
2. Renewal requires 3.0 GPA
3. Students are required to enroll in two courses per semester
4. Renewal requires consistent progress toward degree*
*Successful completion of 75% of coursework attempted
Renewal Process for current (2013-2014) Osher Reentry Scholarship recipients:
1. Completed Osher Reentry Scholarship Application Form
2. Submission of Financial Aid Application (FAFSA)
Current Osher Scholarship students (2013-14 academic year) are not required to submit the Admissions Statement, Letters of Recommendation, or Resume.
*Renewal requires a minimum GPA of 3.0
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the office of the Bachelor of General Studies Degree Program at 305-284-4000.