The Non-Degree Seeking Application is currently closed. It will reopen for Fall 2016 on July 5, 2016.
NOTE: After 12 attempted credits a grade point average of 2.5 or higher must be maintained to continue in Undergraduate Non-Degree seeking status (with a maximum total limit of 30 attempted credits).
BE ADVISED: Non-Degree Graduate Status, Non-Degree Undergraduate Status, Non-Degree Alumni Status, etc., each have unique requirements, regulations, and pricing. Once a student applies and/or registers in any specific student status, their status CANNOT be changed for that semester.
Click above to complete the undergraduate application form with a:
- a nonrefundable $75 processing fee
- copy of your TOEFL* (if English is not your native language) with required minimum score of 550
- Continuing Studies does not issue any I-20s for International Students.
- copy of your GED* score with required minimum score of 280 (50 required in all sub-tests) 2800 for IH test format (with 500 required for all sub-tests), if you do not have a high school diploma
- a letter of good academic standing from your dean/advisor* (if you are a visiting student currently seeking a degree at another university)
* Email all supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Application takes up a week to process and must be received (to be processed) at least 5 working days before the first day of the semester.
Step 2: Choose your class and register online through CaneLink
Once you receive an email that your application is approved click above to register for classes:
- Select courses using the Search for Classes
- For all classes - make sure to meet all requirements and prerequisites (you may be asked to supply transcripts with proof of prerequisites)
- Students must receive placement from the math department to be eligible to enroll in MTH courses
- For math courses placement - please visit the Math Department's Placement Information site at http://www.math.miami.edu/placement/
Late fees apply for any registrations processed after the start of the semester (tuition remission does not apply towards late fees).
Step 3: Confirm your schedule and pay on CaneLink
Log on to CaneLink:
- Confirm your registration is correct (registration cannot be confirmed over the phone)
- Make Payment - students are responsible for tuition and fees upon Registration (billing is online on CaneLink )
- Find out other important student information (parking, academic dates, etc)
Once you are registered for a semester all changes to your schedule (adds and drops*) must be done online. Not attending or not paying does not drop you from a class. You need to administratively drop the class in CaneLink.
- Refer to the academic calendar for the last day to drop/add courses and for fees that apply
- Refund amount depends on the day you drop the course. For questions on refunds, fees and payment plans, please contact the Office of Student Account Services at www.miami.edu/account-services or (305) 284-6430
*Students wishing to drop all courses they are currently enrolled in must follow the University of Miami Withdrawal Process.
Please note: Students who completely withdraw from a major semester (i.e., Fall or Spring), will need to reapply to be eligible to enroll for future semesters.