New Knowledge

Towering Achievement

A worker climbed scaffolding two stories above a small grassy area of UM’s Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center to make sure everything was sturdy. For…

More New Knowledge »


Summer A & C '17 January 26, 2017 May 15, 2017*
Summer B '17 May 27, 2017* June 26, 2017
Fall '17 January 26, 2017* August 14, 2017
Spring '18 September 1, 2017 January 9, 2018
*The application will be disabled between summer semesters.

Students who are high school juniors or seniors may apply for enrollment in the Division of Continuing and International Education.

Step 1: Confirm Your Eligibility

Students must be a junior or senior in high school, have at least a 3.5 GPA and have the following:

  1. High School Transcripts
  2. A letter from high school stating student is eligible for the course
  3. A letter of permission from a parent stating student can take the course (mail or email)
  4. SAT/ACT test scores for Math or Physics courses
  5. AP test results if the course has a prerequisite

Step 2: Make an Advising Appointment:

Make a phone or in person advising appointment by:

Step 3: Apply Online

  • Go to the Online Application
  • Create an account.
  • Select Non-Degree (Undergraduate, Graduate, and Credit Cerfificate) Online Application.
  • Submit the $75 nonrefundable application fee with your application.
  • Email supplemental documents to

Important: Please Note

  • Students can take a maximum of two courses (6 credit hours) during a semester.
  • High School students pay regular tuition and mandatory student fees.
  • Students are eligible for 100 and 200 level courses, and must meet course prerequisites and receive departmental approval to enroll. Your advisor will assist you to obtain departmental approval.
  • After 12 attempted credits a grade point average of 2.5 or higher must be maintained to continue in Undergraduate Non-Degree seeking status (with a maximum total limit of 30 attempted credits).

Immunization Requirement:

All new students are required to provide proof of immunization against measles and rubella, and all international students are required to submit proof of a tuberculosis (TB) test at least 12 months prior to registration. New students must complete the immunization form prior to arrival on campus. Read more about Health Center immunization requirements.