Please Note: The Non-Degree Graduate application is currently closed. We will be re-opening the application on Thursday, October 1, 2015.
Click above to complete the Graduate application form with a:
- A nonrefundable $50 processing fee
- Copy of your TOEFL (if English is not your native language) with required minimum score of 550
- PLEASE BE ADVISED: Continuing Studies does not issue any I-20s for International Students
NOTE: Application takes up a week to process and must be received (to be processed) at least 5 working days before the first day of the semester.
Step 2: Choose your class and obtain permission from the professor to enroll
Once you receive an email that your application is approved click above to complete a course request form* to enroll in a graduate credit course:
- Approval is at the discretion of the professor or program director ( (School of Business Administration DOES NOT participate in the Non-Degree Graduate Program)
- Students are limited to two classes in Non-Degree Graduate Status (this is a lifetime limit)
- If approval is given, the professor must send an email with your name and the course information to: email@example.com confirming their approval of enrollment to specific class (this must be received directly from the instructor)
- It is recommended that you have the professor copy you on the email so you can confirm that is has been sent
Once the approval email has been received, submit the Class Request Forms to firstname.lastname@example.org (Class Request Forms that cannot be processed are not held).
- When filling out Class Request Form make sure to include:
- ID – Student number
- Name of class, number of class, and section number
- Contact number and e-mail
*Late fees apply for any Class Request Forms that are not submitted by 4 p.m. at least one business day before the first day semester (tuition remission benefits DO NOT cover late fees).
- Confirm your registration is correct in CaneLink (class registration cannot be confirmed over the phone)
- Make Payment - students are responsible for tuition and fees upon Registration (billing is online through CaneLink )
- Find out other important student information (parking, academic dates, etc.)
Once you are registered for a semester all changes to your schedule (adds and drops) must be done by completing a Drop/Add form. Not attending or not paying does not drop you from a class. You need to academically drop classes using a Drop/Add form or you may unknowingly receive an “F” on your academic record.
For complete withdrawals (dropping all classes), make sure to check the box, “Is this a Complete Withdrawal?” Also check the box that most closely indicates the reason for the withdrawal. Students who completely withdraw from a major semester (i.e., Fall or Spring), will need to reapply to be eligible to enroll for future semesters.
Please make full payment or arrangements to pay by the first day of class. For questions on refunds, fees and payment plans, please contact the Office of Student Account Services at www.miami.edu/account-services or (305) 284-6430.