Student Spotlight

Island Explorations

An accomplished diver, underwater photographer, and videographer, Shiel-Rolle is a founder of the Danguillecourt Project, an environmental nonprofit…

More Student Spotlight »

Once students are registered for a semester, changes to the class schedule (adds and drops) are done online through CaneLink account*. 

Not attending or not paying does not drop a student from a class. Students need to drop through CaneLink* or may unknowingly acquire an "F" on your academic record. Instructions on dropping a course may be found here.

Make full payment or arrangements to pay by the first day of class. For questions on refunds, fees and payment, please contact the Office of Student Account services at or 305-284-6430.

Complete Withdraw Drop Form

*Students CANNOT do complete withdraws (dropping ALL currently enrolled classes for the semester) through CaneLink.

  • To officially withdraw from the University of Miami, non-degree undergraduate students are required to notify the 'Canes Success Center by emailing

    In order to expedite the process, please identify your student status as non-degree (include in subject line of emails non-degree status student withdraw)

  • Student must complete a Drop Form to withdraw from all courses you are currently enrolled in for the semester. Completed Withdraw Drop Form must be submitted to ( make sure you check the box “Is this a Complete Withdrawal?” and check the box that most closely indicates the reason for your withdrawal)

  • Request for a complete withdrawal (dropping all courses) will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar

Please note: Students who completely withdraw from a major semester (i.e., Fall or Spring), will need to reapply to be eligible to enroll for future semesters.

Confirm Drop in CaneLink

Log onto CaneLink:

  • Confirm drop has been processed – to avoid acquiring an "F" on transcript and ensure accurate tuition refund amounts, as per the Refund Schedule.