November 17, 2008

Dear Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Web-based employee performance and talent management system—eAppraisal.

The new eAppraisal application will be used at the Coral Gables and Rosenstiel School campuses beginning January 1, 2009. The program is already in place at the University’s two specialty hospitals, and the Miller School will expand its use to the entire medical campus in the future. Faculty will continue to follow evaluation processes as outlined in the faculty manual.

eAppraisal will automate the performance appraisal process, making it easier for staff—both managers and employees—to maximize the benefit of discussions around work quality, goals, and developmental plans.

It is University policy for employees to be evaluated on an annual basis. The eAppraisal system will facilitate tracking due dates and development plans and recording personal performance journal notes throughout the year.

Later this month, staff, employees, and faculty supervisors at the Gables and Rosenstiel campuses will receive an e-mail containing their eAppraisal username and password, as well as links to the system application(s) and to a Computer Based Learning (CBL) module. Instructor-led training will also be provided to departmental Human Resources liaisons.

We will keep you informed throughout the rollout. Your feedback is important. Please e-mail me at hr.gables@miami.edu with any questions or concerns.

Thanks for all you do for the University. I wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season.

Sincerely,

Joe Natoli
Senior Vice President for Business and Finance
and Chief Financial Officer

If you have problems reading this, visit:
http://www.miami.edu/communications/messages/2008-2009/11-17-08.html