Thank you for your interest in bringing your students to the University of Miami! The Office of Admission is happy to host special tours for groups of 15-60 people. This tour is designed for students actively engaging in the college search process at the undergraduate level. To maximize your campus experience, we encourage groups to take this into consideration. Please read the following information regarding our new group tour policy before filling out the Special Tour Request Form:
• Special tours are offered to groups of high-school aged students (9th-12th grade). As a result of the increased number of groups requesting campus visits, the Office of Admission does not have the resources to host groups of middle school or elementary school students. If you wish to bring a group of younger students or a group of adults to visit the University of Miami, please feel free to download our Self-Guided Walking Tour and peruse our campus at your leisure.
• Groups must be between 15 and 60 people in size, including both students and chaperones. We ask that you please ensure at least one chaperone for every fifteen students.
• During the academic year when classes are in session, we offer special tours at 10:30am and 1:30pm. During school breaks and intersessions, our ability to accommodate groups is much more limited; if you plan to visit during one of these breaks, please contact our office for further details. For your reference, please consult our Academic Calendar regarding the UM class schedule.
• Visits during the Fall Semester are encouraged. Visits during the Spring Semester are welcomed from mid-January through the end of February. The Office of Admission does not offer group tours during the months of March and April due to the high amount of general visitors we accommodate.
• All requests must be made at least 10 business days in advance of the desired visit date. We will try our best to accommodate your group, but our ability to fill these requests depends heavily on our students' availability. Once confirmed, you will receive a welcome packet from our office; you must sign and return the enclosed expectations contract via email (preferred) or fax in order to finalize your group's reservation.
• Our tour typically lasts 1 hour and 15 minutes; please plan accordingly.
• If you find it necessary to cancel your visit, it is essential that you do so at least three days in advance of your scheduled visit date. Failure to do so may limit future schedule availability for your group.
• Please contact Jackie Birnbaum in the Office of Admission with any questions at 305.284.5228.
If you would like to request a special tour and your group meets the criteria for high school and college bound groups, please use the online Special Tour Request Form.