|The following materials must be submitted to the University of
Miami Jenkins Scholarship Committee by December 1:
• Completed application for Undergraduate Admission including
all required materials. (www.miami.edu/apply)
• George W. Jenkins Scholarship Counselor Nomination.
(to be completed by the college counselor)
• FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid. (send only to the
designated processing center by February 1)*
• CSS/Profile - The CSS/Profile will also be required. (Send only to the designated processing center by February 1)*
• Personal Statement from the student addressing all of the following points in 500 words or less, with significant emphasis on the third point.
1. Explain why you wish to attend the University of Miami.
2. Describe how receiving the George W. Jenkins Scholarship would impact your life.
3. Describe any special circumstances, specifically any history of overcoming significant adversity.
All required materials must be submitted, in their entirety, to the George W. Jenkins Scholarship committee by December 1. If any required materials are missing, students may not be eligible for scholarship consideration.
The nomination form and essay can be submitted online or by mail:
University of Miami
George W. Jenkins Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 248025
Coral Gables, Florida 33124-4616
Recipients of these scholarships will be known as George W. Jenkins Scholars. The scholarship is subject to revision pending receipt of any grant, scholarship or prepaid tuition and/or housing aid not anticipated at the time the award is made. In order for the scholarship to be renewed, recipients must complete 12 credit hours per semester and maintain a 3.0 GPA at the University of Miami.
1. FAFSA is used to determine your eligibility for state and federal need-based aid including direct loans, federal work study and grants.
2. CSS / Financial Aid PROFILE is used to determine your eligibility for University of Miami institutional need-based funds.